At the Eastern Connecticut Cancer Institute (ECCI), our support doesn’t end when your treatment ends. We invite all patients to be a part of our free Survivorship Program.
The Meg Berté Owen Survivorship Program focuses on promoting activities that reduce the late effects of cancer treatment, improving and encouraging surveillance for recurring cancers and second malignancies, as well as addressing the psychosocial needs of patients and their families.
Major areas of interest include assessment and management of:
- Anxiety and depression
- Chronic pain
Your Personalized Survivorship Care Plan
All participants in our Survivorship program can request a free Cancer Survivorship Care Plan. This plan is a comprehensive summary about your cancer diagnosis and treatment, as well as a post-treatment plan between your oncology team, primary care physician and other healthcare professionals.
The Survivorship Care Plan includes:
- Cancer diagnosis with specific information about type and stage
- Cancer treatment including surgery, chemotherapy and radiation therapy
- Follow-up care including the best schedule for follow-up tests
- Symptoms to watch for potential late effects of cancer treatment
- Support resources for patients and physicians
Genetic assessment of patients and their families with a potential for inherited cancer syndromes is also encouraged. For more information about our complimentary Survivorship Program, please call 860.533.2957