Our patients are healing and need their rest. The staff of ECHN realizes the value of visitors to our patients and therefore, our visitation policy is based on the individual needs of each patient. We encourage and support visitation.
Please keep the following guidelines in mind as you visit Rockville General Hospital:
- Children, accompanied by a parent or guardian, are welcome for short visits.
- Many of our rooms are semi-private. Please remember to be considerate of the other patient in the room and the other patients on the unit. This can be done easily by remembering to keep your voices low while visiting and trying to limit visitors to two at a time.
- If you have flu-like symptoms or something that may be considered contagious, we ask that you visit at another time in the best interest of all of our patients.
- If there is an isolation sign on the patient’s door, please see the nurse so that the process of entering and leaving the room can be explained in detail. This would include any protective apparel to be worn when entering the room, review of what to do with the attire when leaving, and the importance of hand washing prior to exiting the patient’s room.
- There will be times when visits may be interrupted so that we may provide patient care to your loved one or their roommate. We appreciate your understanding and support during these times, and we encourage you to either wait in the waiting area or return later in the day. We realize the importance of your visits to the healing process of our patients.
With the above in mind, our Hospital will often set very strict standards for visitation during the flu season. For example, we may limit children coming into the hospital as they will often be carriers of viruses.
Please note that the hospital conducts periodic fire drills. If an alarm should sound while you are in the hospital, or a “Code Red” page is announced, please stay where you are until you are directed otherwise, or until “all clear” is announced over the paging system. Do not pass through any closed doors or use any elevators.
Cafeteria and Vending Machines
A full-service cafeteria is available on the basement level of the hospital. Vending machines are located in the basement outside of the gift shop and on the first floor. They are accessible 24 hours a day.
6:30 – 10:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m., 2:30 – 4:30 p.m., and 5 – 6:30 p.m.
Free parking for visitors and patients is located off Union Street. The circular driveway located in this area can be utilized to drop off patients. Valet service is offered in this area Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. –3:30 p.m. Street parking is also available, as indicated by signs around the hospital campus.