Thoracic surgeons treat diseases or conditions that affect your lungs, chest or esophagus (the lower part of your throat that leads to your stomach).
ECHN’s thoracic surgeons are dedicated to prevention, early diagnosis and successful treatment. We continue to expand the treatment options we offer, taking a multi-disciplinary approach to patient care. While the procedures we offer are high-tech, they are delivered with a personal touch in a community setting close to home.
ECHN’s thoracic surgeons treat diseases and conditions such as:
Thoracic Conditions Treated
- Benign lung diseases
- Esophageal cancer
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Hiatal hernia
- Lung cancer
- Lung volume reduction surgery for emphysema
- Pleural diseases (including pneumothorax, infections and pleural effusions)
Surgical procedures that we offer to patients include:
- Minimally invasive thoracotomies
- Fundoplication, a procedure to treat hiatal hernia and GERD