Private Duty Home Care Services: A Caring Hand
Private services are provided by A Caring Hand, an affiliate of Visiting Nurse & Health Services of Connecticut (VNHSC). They include live-ins, personal care attendants, homemakers and companions, for help with bathing, dressing, transferring, housekeeping and companionship for an out-of-pocket fee.
Our private services include:
- Companions provide the support and supervision that will enable you or your loved one to remain independent, while getting the assistance they need to remain safe and comfortable in their own home. Services include assistance with medication reminders, companionship, reading, meal preparations and errands, transportation to physicians, accompaniment to shopping or recreational activities.
- Specialty Companions are available for Alzheimer’s care and hospice care. Alzheimer’s care companions are skilled at communicating with people diagnosed with Alzheimer’s and are trained in recreational activities, music and touch therapies. Hospice care companions are skilled at caring for terminally ill clients, bringing compassion and the ability to attend to a person’s needs during their final days.
- Homemakers can help you maintain your home in the way you want, ensuring a clean and safe environment. Their services include errands, grocery shopping, housekeeping, laundry, meal planning and preparation, and medication reminders.
- Personal Care Assistants help those in need of assistance with personal hygiene and more. Services include assistance with walking and getting around, bathing, dental hygiene, dressing, medication reminders, shampooing and drying hair, and toileting.
- Live-Ins can provide invaluable peace of mind for a family member or other caregiver while they work, shop or go on vacation, ensuring both security and socialization for their loved one. Whether it is to share a game, read, serve a meal or just listen, a trustworthy companion can be there. Services include 24-hour care, caregiver respite, companionship, housekeeping services, meal preparation, medication reminders, and shopping and errands.
- Other services include companions for social activities (such as weddings, bar/bat mitzvahs, other life celebrations), overnight coverage, respite care for families, transportation for one-day surgery or specialized medical treatments.
For more information about our private services, visit A Caring Hand or call us at 860.643.1623.
What if you were to experience a fall, medical issue or other emergency at home? If you are alone, delayed medical care can jeopardize your recovery and your independence. But Lifeline provides simple, fast access to help 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Philips Lifeline is offered through A Caring Hand. For about two dollars a day, you get the leading medical alert service – summoning help with the push of a button. There is no long-term commitment when you receive Lifeline through A Caring Hand, and we never charge you for the unit itself.
Visit A Caring Hand website to learn more, or call us at 860.643.1623.