As part of our focus to care for the total person, ECHN offers integrative medicine services. These services may be used to manage symptoms, increase quality of life, help to manage stress, or to work in collaboration with conventional medicine. We also offer unique services specifically designed for people living with cancer
Integrative Medicine Services
The integrative medicine services available through ECHN include:
- Acupuncture – Acupuncture is the practice of inserting thin, sterile disposable needles into specific areas of the body in order to stimulate the body's ability to heal itself. It is commonly used to treat pain, stress, allergies, digestive disorders, insomnia and many other conditions.
- Therapeutic Massage – Each massage session offers deep relaxation of body and mind, often increasing your sense of energy and well-being. You will work in partnership with your massage therapist to determine the approach and techniques that work best for you.
- Pregnancy Massage – Pregnancy massage focuses on the special needs of the mother-to-be as her body adapts to the new life growing within. Every massage session is designed to address the unique changes experienced during each trimester of pregnancy.
- Postpartum Massage – Postpartum massage may help speed recovery from birth by bringing relief to sore muscles. A soothing massage may also help reduce the new stress of caring for a newborn.
- Reiki – Reiki consists of gentle techniques to provide relaxation and a sense of balance. It may be helpful for relieving stress, improving well-being, decreasing anxiety, tension and perception of pain.
To schedule an appointment or for more information, please contact the Women’s Center for Wellness at 860.533.4646. We also welcome men in need of these services. Gift certificates are also available and make wonderful gifts for any occasion.
Services for People with Cancer
- Massage -- Massage is available by appointment only. The cost is $40 for a 30-minute massage and $60 for a one-hour massage. Please call for appointment availability.
- Reiki -- Reiki is a Japanese technique for relaxation and stress reduction, and it also helps promote healing. It is performed by "laying on hands" by the therapist and is based on the idea of channeling energy to help with the healing process. Reiki is available by appointment and there is no fee for this service.
To schedule an appointment, please call 860.533.2929.
- Pet Therapy -- Pet therapy is provided by certified pet therapy owners and thier dogs. It is available Tuesday through Friday afternoons at the John A. DeQuattro Cancer Center.