The health of your digestive system is so important to your overall well-being. ECHN's Digestive Health Program features leading-edge gastrointestinal (GI) care provided by the expert gastroenterologists
and colon and rectal surgeons
on the ECHN medical staff.
Digestive Health Procedures
The ECHN Digestive Health Program offers various services including:
- Colonoscopy - the most effective method available to prevent and detect colon cancer. Allows a doctor to look inside the large intestine for abnormalities such as growths and inflamed tissue, which could be early signs of cancer in the colon or rectum. Watch "What to Expect During Your Colonoscopy" video
- Endoscopy - allows a doctor to look inside your body through a passageway, such as down your throat, using an endoscope, a long, thin flexible tube with a tiny camera on it,
- Gastric pH monitoring - a test of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) that measures how often stomach acid enters your esophagus and how long it stays there.
- Manometry - a test for detecting disorders of your esophagus that measures your muscle contractions when you swallow.
- Barrett's abalation - a procedure to treat Barrett's esophagus
- ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde CholangioPancreatography) - used to diagnose disease of the pancreas, bile ducts, liver and gall bladder and may allow a doctor to perform necessary treatments such as enlarging a bile duct opening, removing gall stones lodges in the duct, inserting a stent, drain the duct or taking tissue biopsies.
ECHN offers three convenient locations for GI procedures that feature state-of-the-art suites to ensure your privacy and comfort: