Whether you are thinking about having a baby or are already pregnant, there are many decisions you need to make before your delivery. ECHN is proud to provide first-rate, highly praised childbirth and maternity services, where you can celebrate this very joyful experience.
Because ECHN is a comprehensive health network, a complete range of services is available to you, including:
- Access to local obstetricians, midwives, doulas and pediatricians.
- A range of childbirth education classes and parenting programs.
- The Maternity Care Center at Rockville General Hospital, providing free maternity services to uninsured or underinsured women, including the Family Circles Program.
- Labor and delivery services in the beautiful SBM Family Birthing Center at Manchester Memorial Hospital
- Childbirth options such as water therapy for labor, water births, VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarean) and more
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit for babies born with special health needs
- Breastfeeding services by certified lactation consultants
- Visiting nurse and mother's helper services
- A free New Mothers Program