Whether you are thinking about having a baby or are already pregnant, one of the many decisions you will make is where to deliver. ECHN is proud to provide first-rate, highly praised childbirth and maternity services, where you can celebrate this very joyful experience.
Your childbirth experience starts with choosing your obstetrician and the place where you would like to deliver. Meet the obstetricians and nurse midwives on the ECHN medical staff.
Because ECHN is a health network, a complete range of services is available to you, including:
- A beautiful, comfortable, secure Family Birthing Center maternity unit at Manchester Memorial Hospital (link to new FBC page)
- Childbirth options such as water births, VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarean) midwives, doulas and more
- A range of childbirth education classes and parenting programs
- Visiting nurse and mother's helper services
- Neonatal care for babies born with special health needs (link to new NICU page)
- Breastfeeding services by certified lactation consultants
- The Maternity Care Center at Rockville General Hospital, providing prenatal and postpartum care to underinsured and uninsured women.