May 25, 2009 -
Summer is just around the corner, and most golfers have already begun hit the links. If you are a golfer and experience lower back pain, ECHN Rehabilitation Services can help get you back on the greens.
Low back injuries are common in both professional and amateur golfers due to the repetitive nature of the swing1. Pro and amateur golfers experience compressive loads eight times one's bodyweight, whereas the loads experienced during running are only three times body weight2.
Our friendly and professional therapists are trained in spinal stabilization techniques, as well as core strengthening therapeutic exercise prescription.
For those looking for friendly, quality, professional services, ECHN's Rehabilitation Services Department offers a comprehensive range of accessible services.
In addition, to offering convenient hours, ranging from early morning to early evening (Monday-Friday), ECHN also participates in a number of insurance plans, including but not limited to, Medicare, Medicaid (all plans), Cigna, BC, Connecticare, Healthnet and Aetna.
If you would like more information on how to regain or improve your movement through Physical Therapy, please contact any one of the locations listed below for any questions regarding services at ECHN or to schedule an appointment.
Our Convenient Locations:
- Manchester Memorial Hospital 647.6485
- Rockville General Hospital 872.5261
- The Rehab Center at Courthouse Plus 649.3369
- Glastonbury Wellness Center 652-3181
- Rehabilitation Services at Evergreen Walk 533.4670
1. McCarroll JR. (1996). The Frequency of Golf Injuries. Clinics in Sports Medicine, 15(1):1 - 7.
2. Hosea TM, Gatt CJ. (1996). Back Pain In Golf. Clinics in Sports Medicine, 15 (1):37 - 53.