Student Nurse Opportunities
Summer Internship Program for Student Nurses
The student nurse program is designed to allow you to become part of an acute care staff before graduation. Our comprehensive program helps improve your nursing skills, competency and confidence and can help you decide your nursing career path after graduation!
- Paid 10 week summer work-study program during the summer
- Precept 16 hours per week with an RN preceptor in the role of a student nurse intern at either Rockville General Hospital or Manchester Memorial Hospital
- May work up to an additional 16 hours a week as an aide in a per diem status
- Individualized clinical experience with an RN preceptor
- 1st week in June through the 1st week in August
Requirements to Join our Program:
- Enrollment in an accredited BSN nursing school program
- Full-time status as a nursing student in good academic standing
- Have successfully completed one semester of relevant clinical experience
- Provide an official transcript from school of nursing
- One recommendation from clinical nursing faculty
- Submit application by January 6, 2014.
- Enroll in the course summer nurse internship clinical practicum through the University of Connecticut
We are no longer accepting applications as the deadline has passed. Please check back for new student nurse opportunities.
Quotes from previous Student Interns:
“I can’t believe how much I’ve grown as a nurse in just ten weeks. It was really an experience of a lifetime. I feel much more confident about my career in nursing as a result of this internship.”
-Katherine Campbell, ICU
“The internship went above and beyond my expectations. I have acquired so many skills and so much knowledge this summer. I would highly recommend the program to other nursing students.”
-Karin Grant, ED
Eastern Connecticut Health Network is an
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.