Graduate Nurse Opportunities
Although ECHN does not have a graduate Nurse Program, we encourage recent graduate nurses to apply to open registered nurse positions. A graduate nurse can apply for any open registered nurse position as long as they have proof of transcript or letter from an accredited school of nursing.
Graduate Nurse Requirements:
- Prior to your start date, you must bring your final transcript or a letter from your college, stating that you graduated in good standing with the date of your graduation, to your talent acquisition specialist. Your talent acquisition specialist will retain a copy of your transcript or letter from your school for your employee file and forward a copy to Barbara Macdonald, exec. secretary, nursing administration.
- When you receive your date to take the NCLEX exam, immediately notify your manager and Barbara Macdonald at ext. 4720 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Apply for your CT State RN license. (www.ct.gov)
- Once you receive notification that you passed your NCLEX exam and you receive your license, you MUST bring the employer’s copy to Barbara Macdonald. She will in turn notify the Talent Acquisition Specialist so that your status can be updated to reflect “Registered Nurse.”
- If you do not receive your license in a timely manner, call the Department of Public Health to be sure you have received all the necessary documentation, as they will NOT notify you – you are responsible to make sure they have all the necessary information.
- Proof of CT RN licensure must be received within 90 days of your graduation date to remain in a RN position.