Community Benefit Report
In 2012, ECHN’s Manchester Memorial and Rockville General Hospitals dedicated nearly $18 million to improving health in the communities it serves and directly benefited nearly more than 222,000 individuals.
- Over $12,000,000 dedicated to caring for over 61,000 people through ECHN’s charity care, Medicaid and other indigent care programs.
- Health education lectures, workshops and other initiatives served nearly 135,000 community members.
- 809 individuals received free clinical services including mammograms, pap tests, skin and prostate cancer screenings, stroke risk assessments, body composition, blood pressure and other health screenings/assessments.
- To increase access and quality of care to underserved populations within the community, ECHN sponsored a telephone service that referred 150 Medicaid and uninsured individuals to local healthcare professionals.
- Partnering with more than 15 local educational institutions, ECHN dedicated more than $905,000 to providing a clinical setting for more than 450 students including physicians, nurses, radiologic technicians, respiratory technicians and physical therapists.
- Free meeting space was provided to more than 30 not-for-profit organizations and community groups whose primary purpose is to improve health and wellness in the local community.
For more information on ECHN's community benefit efforts, please call 860.647.6456 or email email@example.com.